You’ll be surprised to know that there are certain habits that may sound a little bizarre, but are actually great at helping you lose weight.
Let’s kick start your weight loss by checking out these wonderfully strange but very helpful habits.
- Sniff a peppermint, banana or an apple – it sounds ridiculous, but it’s very effective. A study showed that the more people sniffed a fruit, the more weight they lost. This is because you become less hungry when you sniff something. There is a theory that states if you sniff a piece of food, you are essentially tricking your brain that you are eating it. So instead of indulging in a brownie, pick up a peppermint stick and keep it in your pocket instead.
- Watch yourself eat – you can cut into the amount you eat into a third by placing a mirror in front of you while you eat. A study showed that if you look yourself in the eye, you will be able to remember your goals more. It will strengthen your standards and remind you of the many reasons why you want to lose weight. Choose a mirror in a size that can allow you to see yourself clearly.
- Blue is the way to go! – Doesn’t it seem strange that no fast-food restaurant has blue décor? Shocking fact: Blue is the color that helps to suppress appetite. That’s why try to use blue tablecloths, blue napkins, dress in blue and choose blue china. Make sure you don’t use orange, red and yellow at your dining room. These colors enhance your appetite.
- Photo opportunity – it’s better to take a picture of your food, rather than to write down everything you had. It’s great to save it in your computer or phone by date as well. It will help to suppress your appetite if you see a visual image. People tend to stop and think about their food consumption if they can see what they had. The urge to indulge is lessened. The style or design and other whatnot are not necessary. Just a phone camera is effective. If you’re at a salad bar and you make a plate of heaping vegetables, it’s not yet a victory. Snap that plate and you might be able to see the extra helping of deep-fried croutons or the vegetables swimming in cheese. If you have such a visual reminder, it will give you enough time to consider before you pick up that ladle of blue cheese dressing.
- Ribbons – there are some women in France who use a ribbon to curb their appetites. They tie it around their waist and cover it up with their clothes when they’re out and about at dinnertime. It helps to remember your appetite and to curb it – especially if the ribbon starts to get uncomfortably tight as the evening turns into night.
With these slightly bizarre but fun weight loss tips, you can stick to your goals and achieve them with flying colors.
You may want to try hcg diet drops to lose weight safely.
It’s spring and the sweet wind is just begging to touch more of your skin after the winter months had you bundling up.
It’s just about time for you to start preparing for bikini season too, so you’re planning to lose the pounds you gained. The problem is you’re not satisfied with the way you’re losing weight, so you’re thinking of taking diet pills.
However, before you do head off to the pharmacy to buy any, remember that you take risks with your health if you try to lose more than the recommended weight loss of one to two pounds a week. Also, if you’re going to try to lose weight, make sure you avoid these deadly pills.
Deadly – as in they could really kill you.
- The K-E diet – is also known as the feeding tube or nose drip diet. It makes you insert a naso-gastric tube into your nose and let a nutrient solution drip through it to your stomach. It limits your calorie intake down to 800 calories a day because you don’t eat solid food while you undergo the dripping procedure. The most important is to find a doctor who will watch you go through this.
Why It’s No Good: There’s a high risk of inflammation and infection since you will have a feeding tube inside your body from the nose to the stomach.
This will put you in ketosis, the body’s metabolic state that lets it burn fat and not glucose for energy. It will allow you to lose weight, true, but it also raises the level of ketones in your blood. This stresses the kidneys and the liver.
- The Brazilian Diet Pill – this pill contains Librium, Prozac and Fenproporex. The United States Food and Drug Administration has already released a warning against this drug.
Why It’s No Good: Models who had been taking it suffered from extreme mood swings due to the uppers and downers in this pill. They also had strange symptoms, like being extremely sensitive to touch.
- The Japanese Weight Loss Pill – it goes by another name: Xiushentang. It comes in blue, yellow and green and is marketed as Japan Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills. It has among other ingredients, phenolphthalein and sibutramine, another weight loss drug.
Why It’s No Good: The FDA has listed down phenolphthalein as a possible carcinogen and in 2010, the drug sibutramine was recalled because it caused a high risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- Qnexa – this is a combination of existing weight loss drugs that are in its final phase of testing. Nalextrone, a drug used for alcoholism, lorcaserin, an appetite suppressant and contrive which is a mix of bupropion, an antidepressant which is used to quit smoking.
Why It’s No Good: there is a high likelihood of dangerous side effects because this drug affects your metabolism.
Don’t just hope to lose weight – make sure you are safe as well. Avoid these dangerous pills and talk to your doctor first before taking any.
Going to the beach has always been one of the best things to do. Exploring the surf, enjoying the wind on your body and swimming to your heart’s content.
Of course, the gustatory pleasure of enjoying new kinds of food is part of the experience. You don’t want to miss a single thing.
What you do want to stay away is those unwanted pounds and have fun with your weight loss.
- Use the venue to your advantage – the beach isn’t just a place that you can enjoy wonderful photo opportunities at. It’s also the perfect place to burn up some calories. Your body won’t experience as much repeated stress because the sand will lessen the impact. After a run, you can always dive into the amazing blue waters to cool off. If you think the sea is more attractive, don’t go straight out when you swim. To be safe, swim along the shoreline, and follow its length. If that’s not going to cut it, forget what you’re doing for a while and splash in the water.
- Take a quick turn around the beach – one of the easiest ways to burn up calories while enjoying the scenery is to walk. A fun way of adding spice to a relaxing stroll is to alternate it with brisk walks. It’s as easy as setting a target landmark on your sights. When you reach it, start walking at your normal pace once more so you can recover. Then do the same thing all over again. For stronger cardiovascular exertion that will strengthen your lungs and heart, walking with a high effort is best. It will also jack up your metabolism so you can burn fat faster and more efficiently.
- Pack your snacks – if you get lost or your flight gets delayed, you might have your hunger pains. This is the fastest way to gain calories since there are a lot of high-calorie, sugary foods available at the airport. Worse, you won’t stay full for long if you eat baked goods, chocolate bars, candy and chips. They’ll only intensify the craving for sugars and carbohydrates while you travel. Prep for your travels with snacks like dried fruits, seeds and nuts, whole wheat crackers with peanut butter or your best option – granola bars that are high in fiber.
- Be careful of your alcohol intake – a few margaritas while watching the sunset sounds very relaxing, but those drinks are worth 200 calories each and can add up to more pounds than you want on you. There is a very high possibility that you will make a lot of unhealthy choices when it comes to food. Choose drinks that aren’t too sugary. Switch to a diet pop instead of regular pop. Make sure you drink enough water in between alcoholic drinks so you hydrate yourself.
Going on a vacation will always be a fun and unforgettable experience. Make it even more unforgettable by not taking extra pounds home, but leaving them at the beach.