You’ll be surprised to know that there are certain habits that may sound a little bizarre, but are actually great at helping you lose weight.
Let’s kick start your weight loss by checking out these wonderfully strange but very helpful habits.
- Sniff a peppermint, banana or an apple – it sounds ridiculous, but it’s very effective. A study showed that the more people sniffed a fruit, the more weight they lost. This is because you become less hungry when you sniff something. There is a theory that states if you sniff a piece of food, you are essentially tricking your brain that you are eating it. So instead of indulging in a brownie, pick up a peppermint stick and keep it in your pocket instead.
- Watch yourself eat – you can cut into the amount you eat into a third by placing a mirror in front of you while you eat. A study showed that if you look yourself in the eye, you will be able to remember your goals more. It will strengthen your standards and remind you of the many reasons why you want to lose weight. Choose a mirror in a size that can allow you to see yourself clearly.
- Blue is the way to go! – Doesn’t it seem strange that no fast-food restaurant has blue décor? Shocking fact: Blue is the color that helps to suppress appetite. That’s why try to use blue tablecloths, blue napkins, dress in blue and choose blue china. Make sure you don’t use orange, red and yellow at your dining room. These colors enhance your appetite.
- Photo opportunity – it’s better to take a picture of your food, rather than to write down everything you had. It’s great to save it in your computer or phone by date as well. It will help to suppress your appetite if you see a visual image. People tend to stop and think about their food consumption if they can see what they had. The urge to indulge is lessened. The style or design and other whatnot are not necessary. Just a phone camera is effective. If you’re at a salad bar and you make a plate of heaping vegetables, it’s not yet a victory. Snap that plate and you might be able to see the extra helping of deep-fried croutons or the vegetables swimming in cheese. If you have such a visual reminder, it will give you enough time to consider before you pick up that ladle of blue cheese dressing.
- Ribbons – there are some women in France who use a ribbon to curb their appetites. They tie it around their waist and cover it up with their clothes when they’re out and about at dinnertime. It helps to remember your appetite and to curb it – especially if the ribbon starts to get uncomfortably tight as the evening turns into night.
With these slightly bizarre but fun weight loss tips, you can stick to your goals and achieve them with flying colors.
You may want to try hcg diet drops to lose weight safely.