Harmful toxins, free radicals and other potentially dangerous substances are brought into the colon so that they will be removed from the body. They will pass harmlessly through our waste. That’s why we use colon cleanse.
This is a way to improve the nutrient-absorbing ability of the body. Herbs have been known to heal and relieve us of our health problems. They can also help the colon by cleaning it and stop constipation.
These herbs that cleanse the body work in various ways. Some have laxative properties, kill parasites, or add bulk to our waste matter. They can also have fiber which helps to clean the intestines and sweep out the toxins.
Herbs That Are Used For Colon Cleanse
- Chickweed – this herb can be found in our backyards, but you can choose to buy it already prepared in herb supply or health food stores. It is a traditional spring green that grows wild. Chickweed has many species that grow in many parts of the world, but their essential medicinal properties are the same. The best time to gather chickweed is from May until July. You will see white little flowers growing on it. You can use all the parts of the plant that grows above the ground. You can use it immediately or dry it for later. You can add it as a salad green or cook it the same way you do spinach. If you want a gentler effect, drink half a cup of chickweed tea several times a day.
- Fenugreek – this is taken from the dried seeds of the fenugreek plant. It is a commonly used herb for many problems in digestion. This herb is used in Ayurvedic remedies and stimulates oxytocin production. It is believed to improve lactation in women.
- Chinese Rhubarb – this Asian plant is not the same one we all know that is used in pies. Tannins and anthraquinones are the active agents in this herb. However they work in different ways. Anthraquinones are like laxatives, but tannins work in the opposite way. When the muscles in the bowels are weak and you wish to cleanse your colon, anthraquinones are very important. They won’t give you abdominal cramps while stimulating the movement of your bowels.
- Pepperidge – also known as barberry. It is used not just as medicine but also in food. Its dried fruit has been known over the centuries as an herbal medicine for many disorders. Among these are heartburn, gall bladder disease and indigestion. If can also fight infections caused by viruses, bacteria and parasites.
- Fennel – this plant is also famous for cooking and medicine. It is a natural colon cleanse ingredient because it has a lot of fiber. You can use it reduce bloat and to relax the intestines when you consume the seeds or drink the tea.
Herbs as colon cleanse ingredients are better than chemical ones. They also have other benefits that can keep you healthy. Talk to your doctor to see which suits you.